As some of you might remember I was working on a scarf in hand painted alpaca. Being a luxury yarn, when I ran out of it, and still wanted more length to the scarf, I had to come up with a plan.
And plan I did! I got another alpaca yarn in a corresponding colourway, and some beads which would draw on the colours from the hand painted yarn. Then I delved into my stitch dictionaries because I wanted to make a feature of the ends and show off the beading.
Once complete, it was of course bath time!
The excess water is removed via towel and some gentle stomping.
And then pinned out to help the lace stitches bloom!
Here, have a few close ups!
I’ve also finished my mittens! Just in time for this Winter! (Pity about the last one!)
And shortly I’ll do a bigger post that is fully devoted to my finally completed Estonian Lace “Crown Prince” Shawl.
Personally, after 2 and a half years, I’m kind of amazed at myself for finally sewing it together!